A Project is the main organization container for your experiences.
Any number of experiences or scenes could be created inside a project, however, it is common to create separete projects, one for every use case, application or idea.
For example, if you want to create an app for displaying furniture using Surface scenes, you may use the following structure:
- My Furniture App (Project)
- Chair (Scene)
- Table (Scene)
- Sofa (Scene)
- Wardrobe (Scene)
But, if you want to create an AR menu for several restaurants, it is better to use separate projects, so they can be published independently:
- Restaurant 1 ARMenu (Project)
- Fish & Chips (Scene)
- Lasagna (Scene)
- Paella (Scene)
- Restaurant 2 ARMenu (Project)
- Raclette (Scene)
- Sushi (Scene)
- Noodles (Scene)
Once you create a Project, you will be asked to create an Scene. At this point, you will have to choose a tracking type for your experience. Let's take a look at every type separately.
There are several configuration options for a project. You can modify them from the "Settings" button, in the top bar of the Scene Editor.
Here there is a list with the most important:
- Tracking mode: This setting allows you to switch between Image-Tracking and World-Tracking. You may find the differences in the Image-Tracking page.
- Visual Properties: This block enable or disable some visual properties for your experiences like real-time shadows or occlusion.
- Shadows: When activated, virtual planes will be detected in your environment in order to project shadows over them. This feature is only compatible with Onirix App or Onirix SDK, running on ARCore or ARKit supported devices.
- Occlusion: When activated, it allows augmented reality elements to be hidden by real world objects. This feature is only compatible with Onirix App or Onirix SDK, running on iOS devices that are able to generate depth maps through LiDAR sensor. Check ARKit documentation for more information.
- Allow transform: When activated, users will be able to move, rotate or scale elements when playing an experience by using touch gestures.
- Collaborate: This option will generate a share link to the editor for the given project. Be aware this link is not password protected, so take care who you share it with.